Blogarchief

zaterdag 4 maart 2017

What am I up to here?

I'm getting more and more familiar with the company, the staff, he island and its people. I am really starting to feel at home and more relaxed in my mind, even though it's very hard work (a lot harder and more hours then in Holland). My new friends include the dogs, cat and now our own Colubus monkey that kind of became our mascot. She came here a week or two ago and is now coming daily and enjoying the attention that she gets from the family and the guests, and even puts up a show! The local staff are also amazing here. Hardworking friendly and I love enjoying swahili lunch or dinner with them and getting to know them better!

 
The Xanadu family including Patrica, our Colobus monkey

I am enjoying work and also now taking time to relax a bit and go out with friends for a chat, dinner or dancing. That is something you have to do to keep up with the long hours at work. I love spending time with my old colleagues of which some became really close friends. And also in the village I like having some local food at my friends place and having a chat with the people there. I feel like living in two totally different worlds now. The exclusive retreat which is my work place and fits me perfectly and the "real" outside world, the life of the locals which is where I feel comfortable. Being able to sit at the beach all night and chat with a friend under a black sky filled with thousands of bright stars is absolutely worth the hard work and the exhaustion sometimes!

And as crazy as my personal life was in Holland, it continues here! But that is a story only for the confidants amongst you. It's not that I look for it, but as it was in Holland, my life never seems to get boring, let me state it that way ;)

Sauti Za Busara festival in Stone Town

\
Amazing sunset in the morning here at Xanadu


A night dancing at Jambo with my friends Khatib and Saidi and the crazy Dutch guests


A Bees nest in my room after I came back from a day off

More pics coming!!!

Love you all!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten