Blogarchief

donderdag 16 februari 2017

First two weeks on the new job

My first two weeks on the new job were very intense, but I enjoyed every second of it. I love the job, reservations and assisting the manager on the floor, and I am starting to get to know the company. Or to say it in a better way...the family. That is how it feels, like a family that is working on something beautiful here. The owners are actually a family, although I did not meet the husband yet, the mother, daughter and son in law are here. Together with some South African staff and the local staff we are a team!

The hotel is quite new, it has not been open for a year yet, so we are still working on getting the name out and finishing up on some things. Even though the guests are treated like royalty and we as a team make sure that their stay is a memorable one! The place is amazingly beautiful and I am proud to be working here.

I live in the staff house with the other expat staff about 100 meters from the hotel. It is a nice place to live and I am still close to the (kitesurf) village that I spends most of my free time in. Although free time is something I don't really have now. We all work long days and that is fine with me. I try to go out 2 nights a week and have one day a week off. I met lots of new people (local and expat) and also am still in contact with the staff of the other hotel. So now I feel like I started to built my life here....I am getting there!

Some pics or the breathtaking Xanadu retreat...





1 opmerking:

  1. Mooi hotel en gaaf dat je je goed voelt bij het team. Hoop snel ff je stem te horen! X

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen